Re: accented characters in linux/Debian?

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:03:56 -0300
Daniel Toffetti <dtoffe@softhome.net> wrote:

> > I will have to use some accented characters, along with some 'enye's
> > in my documents in Spanish.  Does anyone know how to quickly get
> > these characters, possibly through a keystroke toggle or some such?
> > (I use Abiword/OpenOffice right now).  Thanks!
> keyboard. Abiword works well just as any other KDE application, but I
> could not get OpenOffice to work properly.
> Both ñÑ and çÇ work OK but the accents don't work. Given that it seems
> to be a problem with OpenOffice, I guess asking in some OO-specific

This is my case exactly. Even typing on an xterm yields the correct
accented characters, it's only Openoffice that's misbehaving. I've
already posted twice to their discuss list, but didn't get any
conclusive answers yet.

A curiosity, though, that might be related: I can type the euro-sign in
Openoffice, but NOWHERE else under X or in the console!

--
Carlos Sousa