Re: Problems with devfs and sound

On Sunday 31 Mar 2002 8:54 am, I wrote:
> After a dselect update on 25th March my sound has stopped working

Red Herring, there is a problem but this wasn't it.

I had done a telinit 1 (to get into single user mode) followed by a Ctrl-D (to

I am a little puzzled - /etc/rc1.d has two entries S11hotplug and S20single.
S11 restarts hotplug (which was initially started from /etc/rcS.d/S36hotplug)
but S20single kills all processes.  Surely EITHER hotplug is not needed
because it was run in startup OR it is needed, in which case it should be run
after S20single has done its stuff.

However, assuming that devfsd should work a bit like hotplug, should there not
be a S30devfsd to restart the devfsd daemon after S20 daemon has killed it?

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk