Re: OT: Is .RTF an Open Standard?

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 21:50, dave mallery wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, John F wrote:
>
> > Dave Sherohman wrote:

> > I though RTF was actually an IBM invention, and was a response to
> > Adobe's PostScript.
> >
> > I could well be wrong though. I seem to recall that RTF existed in IBM
> > in 1992 anyway.
> >

> i havent seen anyone mention XML.  both star and open office now use it.
> it is open by default.

AbiWord uses XML, and all the data is "encoded" in text, whereas
OO/SO stores it's data in binary format.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |