Re: OT: Is .RTF an Open Standard?

Lo, on Thursday, March 28, Markus Grunwald did write:

> Hello !

Please don't delete the attributions.

> > > Besides, do most Windows apps (Word,
> > > WordPerfect) allow saving to this format?
> >
> > Not saving as such, but it is possible to convert a Word document to
> > postscript [...description deleted...] there
> > you are.
>
> This is exact the way those 4MB postscript files are created. (compared
> to the 4kb postscript files from LaTeX).
>
> I never found a windows postscript driver that wasn't bloated.

Oh, I never made any claims about the quality of the resulting
postscript.  In fact, in some situations, there's about a 3-line PCL
header that gets written to the top of the file, and you have to go edit
that out before gs can deal with the resulting file.  The whole thing's
a bit of a pain, but it's the best thing I've found.

Richard