Re: copy protected audio cds with linux ?

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:00:38PM -0500, John Cichy wrote:

| Now for the dark side... how hard can it be to connect a digital out on the
| cd player to a digital in on a computer and ...

Can't be that hard, if you really do have a digital out and digital
in.  (I don't have any quality sound equipment.  It's outside my field
of expertise).

The simplest counter-example would be to take your (high-quality) CD
sound system to a studio and play the cd into the microphone.  Then
you can make your own cd that isn't protected :-).

| When will the get it through their heads, if it can be secured, it can be
| cracked!

They'll understand as soon as managers become technicians.  Did the
DVD copy-protection group give up with the realization that if one
player can play it, then anyone (with the right knowledge) can play
it?

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.