Re: Advice on wysiwyg editor

Daniel Toffetti wrote:
Hi !

Well, I need a wysiwyg editor a la M$ Word. The documents I'll edit are more or less as complex as one see in papers, I mean, numbered schemes, headers, footers, inserted images and tables, page numbers, footnotes, text styles, chapters, TOCs, etc. So far I'm trying with Kword, Abiword and Lyx. Abiword is better that Kword at importing M$ Word documents. Lyx seems to be the perfect tool for the task, but it lacks (to my taste) a little feedback. OK, I'll admit it, I believe it's very powerful, but I find it UGLY :)
Some sort of "Print Preview" would be very valuable.

While I keep playing with those three, it'll be very useful to hear some advice.

Thanks in advance !!

I've finally (reluctantly) settled on OpenOffice. I was a WordPerfect fanatic, but over the past few years, it has just deteriorated on the Windows platform, and never was very good on Linux. KWord was too inconsistent (margins look good on screen, text drops off on paper, etc). Abiword, while showing great promise, is still way too much immature. OpenOffice is bulky, but pretty much does the job.

Kent