Re: Still stuck on install of 68k

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 09:34, John Bruner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's me again, IIfx. I can't complete an install because my screen
> looses characters on the left side when I get to the part where the
> installer wants to partition the hard drive. I have a full screen up
> until then.
>
> If someone could send me the commands/options list for that screen,
> ( the one where it says some thing about /sda or ? for help), I might be
> able to complete the install.
>
> The full screen was there before, it may come back once the install is
> complete. The lost screen real estate may come back.

You might find it easier to partition the hard disk using fdisk - hit
CTRL-F2 to get the second console, press return to get a shell and then
type in

%fdisk /dev/<HD device>

HD device could be hda hdb hdc...hdX for IDE or sda sdb sdc...sdX for
SCSI. I dont know about other kind of hard drives and their device
names. type m for help.

If you still want  to use cfdisk (the default one that is loaded up),
the important options are (B)ootable, (D)elete, (P)rint, (Q)uit, (W)rite
(with yes or no as expected input).

You could also look up for help on cfdisk on google.com

HTH,

Shri