> > libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
> > libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
> > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
> > libstdc++.so.3
> > libstdc++.so.3.0.2
> >
> > I had the same problem, so i linked
> > libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 ->
> > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
>
> While this may happen to work most of the time, it isn't reliable. I
> recommend not doing this when you can find the real library with the
> correct soname anywhere at all.

This is probably a stupid question, but
shouldn't libraries be built with backwards
compatibility in mind?

Or perhaps we could ask Sun to simply build
the SDK with forward compatibility in mind ? :-)

Since you are a Debian developer, i follow
your instructions the next time around. But,
being that i'm lazy, for now i will not try to fix
something that isn't broken.

I just looked at the libraries in my /usr/lib, and
it would appear that many of them are linked to
other libraries. Since i didn't link most of these
myself, i assume this was done by other software
installations. Perhaps i am missing the point???

(==timothy==)