Re: SquirrelMail help

Kurt Lieber, Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 10:01:13PM -0500:
> On Wednesday 20 March 2002 07:54 pm, Jonas Bj?rck wrote:
> > Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> > /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 87
>
> That's actually most likely a php problem, not a squirrelmail problem.  I'm
> guessing you have a lot of mail or subfolders and squirrelmail can't read
> them all before the script times out.
>
> Assuming you have control over your server (i.e. it's not hosted on an ISP's
> server) check the max_execution_time value in your php.ini file.
> (/etc/php4/apache/php.ini by default in debian)  You can increase that to 60
> or even higher to see if that helps.
>
> If it doesn't, then I'd recommend posing this question on one of the
> squirrelmail mailing lists (www.squirrelmail.org)  I've always had great luck
> in getting fast responses there.

Also make sure you are running the latest version of SquirrelMail
(1.2.5).  Versions before that had a wierd IMAP bug which could hang
apache procs.  I haven't had any problems with the latest version.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown