Re: vim-gtk, where is gvim ?

I have the same problem, typing gvim or vim -g starts up vim with syntax
highlighting etc. turned on, but in a console without the GUI.

I assume I must be missing some gnome libs, as I haven't installed any
other gnome stuff, is this the problem? I thought it would be taken care
of in the dependencies when I did the apt-get install vim-gtk.

What packages have I missed?