Re: Windows/Linux network >> KDE lan

This may not be a question for this list since it concerns KDE, but...

OK, I've set up my client Linux with SAMBA and it works fine. No problems there. But I discovered that Konqueror does not see the network. When I click on the Local Network folder I get the error: "Protocol not supported: lan" I can't find anything in the KDE help files about this. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get Konqueror to see the network.

BTW, under the Control Center configuration for Network/Window Shares, I have entered my user name, password and Workgroup. However, under Protocols there is no "lan" entry. This would seem to be the problem, but then how do I get a lan protocol entry in there?

Thanks,

curtis