apache seg faulting (was: Re: apt-get reinstall?)

Thanks EG for that timely reply.

Using EG's advice, I re-installed apache-perl, apache-common, libc6
and any other libraries ldd shows apache depends upon. I also
installed libc6-dbg in hopes of watching apache execute and seeing
where it fails. But so far, none of these have proved directly
beneficial to making apache come up.

Here is what happened:

Last night we had a storm so I unplugged all the computers. They were
working fine when I shut them down. This morning, after I restarted
them, I tried to connect to the webserver only to discover it was not
running at all. /usr/sbin/apache -X replies "Segmentation Fault".

Replacing all the files needed to start the webserver seems as though
it would have corrected any problems in regard to a corrupted
filesystem. At one time I had trouble with this machine segfaulting
when running Java - I corrected this by removing the L2 Cache and have
not had any trouble with it since.

Prior to lastnight, it had been running fine for about 15 days.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Regards, Elizabeth