Re: sony clie 320 with gnome-pilot

"David H. Askew" <dhaskew@arches.uga.edu> writes:

> anyone successfully gotton a clie synced with gnome-pilot via usb
> cable...I've read thru alot of docs tring to get it to work ..
>
> ..the device is recognized by the kernel and is connect via ttyUSB0 and
> ttyUSB1 depending on wether its used via cold/hotsync .. and the ttys
> exist....
>
> ..any thoughts, links, experiences ... you wish to share would be
> helpfull...

Gnome-pilot depends on pilot-link, and pilot-link is still at 0.9.x in
Debian. You need pilot-link 0.10 to use a Clié; 0.9 seems to have a lot
of problems with communicating with the Clié. Alternatively, you could
just use Coldsync.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! Where's my SOCIAL WORKER?
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS |