Re: Debian and PDAs.

Erin Lewy, Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 05:46:05AM -0500:

> So-- does anyone here have a PDA and if so what kind and how has your
> luck been as far as being able to synch it and whatnot?

Erin,

I have been looking for the ultimate cell/pda combination for a while.
the answer depends on where you are and what networks are available.
Personally, I think the following requirments would rock:

1.  PDA and Cell Phone Should be same device.
2.  Need access to a packet-switched cell network (limited in most
places).
3.  Must have keyboard.  Stylus bad.
4.  Must fit in pocket or have belt-clip.
5.  Must have ssh client.
6.  Must have reasonably good phone book.  Nokia good.  Motorola bad.

That's about it.  I don't care about syncing or any application support
because I would prefer to ssh to my home/office machine and just use
console apps.

Anyhoo, I've been looking for a while and some possible candidates are
the Nokia Communicator and the Handspring Treo.  If anyone knows of
other devices with the required functionality please let me know.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown