Re: A openldap question!!!

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 05:03:48PM +0800, axacheng wrote:
> ###BEGIN .htaccess
> AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
> AuthLDAPUrl ldap://192.168.20.220/
> AuthLDAPBindDN cn=root2,dc=localhost
> AuthLDAPBindPassword cc4f4
> AuthType Basic
>
> <Limit GET POST>
> order deny,allow
> deny from all
> require user cc4f4
> </Limit>
>
> ###END

	I've got far less than that for my usage of auth-ldap which I
use on several seperate web accessible directories... Some through
.htaccess some in httpd.conf... One of my .htaccess instances is a
private directory on my homepage that I only allow access to if you have
a valid account in LDAP so I have only the following in .htaccess:

### BEGIN
AuthType basic
AuthName "My private stuff"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap.server.name:389/dc=example,dc=com?uid??
require valid-user
### END

	You need to provide the AuthLDAPBindDN and AuthLDAPBindPassword
if binding anonymously to the LDAP server won't return the results...

	Hope that helps,
	Jeremy