Cups question

I tried printing using the smbprint script and it kindof worked. Kindof
meaning that it started a print job on my windows2k box and apparently fed
it no data, so the printer warmed up and processed an empty job.

Anyways, I'm looking into cups but I'm not sure which package to get for
how I'm setup.

Here's the layout: Windows 2000 ASE has a Lexmark Z32 inkjet printer
attached to it. The win2k box is also sharing that printer (hence the
attempt at smbprint). linux box is attached to the network with the win2k
box.

Question 1: Will cups be able to print to through win2k to that printer?
(will it do it natively or does the win2k box need additional
software/drivers put on it)

Question 2: If #1 is 'yes' in any way, which cups package do I grab?

<EOL>
Tib