uw-imap to courier-imap

Hello,

I whish to move from uw-imap to courier-imap, i've read about it's better
performance using maildirs etc and it all sounds good. although, i'm a bit
unsure about the amounts of work involved in converting...

I read in a previous thread regarding changing Exim to Sendmail that
Debian was clever enough to realise that you whished to change MTA and
replaced Exim with Sendmail when doing a normal apt-get install. Would
Debian in a similar way read my mind in this case as well and help me
convert to courier-imap instead?

Will there be any problems converting my existing mail into this maildir
format? how is it done in the best way? and what about procmail filters?
Will there be any other problems?

My current config includes: exim, fetchmail, procmail and uw-imap.

any thoughts would be of interest... :)

regards,

/rikard