Trouble after installing

Hello..

I finally made the install using the ISO method.  Everything went fine
except for a few things:

While choosing the modules, I accidently installed one for the S3 Virge
video card, when I really have a S3 Trio 64V + card.  Does this affect
me much?  It seems like it does with XFree because it won't run..

Also, when I try to run XFree, I get an error saying "fatal error: no
screens found".  Any clue on how can I fix this?  Another thing is that,
while configuring XFree for the first time, it lets me cose between kdm,
gdm and xdm.  Which one do you recommend me?

And..  Another question..  Is there any way I can shut down temporarily
my LAN connection and later turn it back on again?  I read about using
Ifconfig, but it seems like it is o longer available for download..

I'm planning to do a fresh reinstall of Debian again..  I think I've
already screwed up enough the system..

By the way, does anyone has an IBM 330 Model 6577 ?  Just wondering if
anyone had the same PC as me..

Thanks a lot ofr your help!!

Ronald Castillo