From: Pac [mailto:paca@noos.fr]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Bodnyk, Bruce W
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: XFree86 Install Problem

Le 18/03/02 à 10:46, Bodnyk, Bruce W a écrit:
Bodnyk,> I'm attempting to install the newest version of XFree86. I
downloaded the
Bodnyk,> binaries and ran Xinstall.sh. The install seemed to proceed
correctly
Bodnyk,> however when I run startx I get the follow error message:
Bodnyk,>
Bodnyk,>
Bodnyk,> xauth: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
Bodnyk,> /usr/X11Rs/lib/libX11.so.6
Bodnyk,>
Bodnyk,> Any ideas on what I need to do?
Bodnyk,>
Bodnyk,> Thanks!
Bodnyk,> Bruce

You dont have the glibc library installed on your system.

However, to get XFree server running its easyer to install it with
Debian packaging system ?

apt-get install x-window-system

it will solve your librairies' dependencies problem

--
R.Pac