Losing time !

Greetings,

My computer for some reason seems to be losing time at a rate of about 20
minutes per 10-15 hours. I was under the impression that linux keeps track of
the time from clock cycles. I have not rebooted my machine in a week, so if
that previous assumption is correct, then that would rule out the cmos
battery. What could cause this loss of time. The only thing that has been
slightly different that I can think that might could cause it is that lately
I have been constantly running some intensive tasks reniced to +19. Could
something like that cause this problem, or is my problem elsewhere? Any
ideas? Thanks.

-Greg Murphy