Re: biggest, newest IDE disk stuck in PIO mode; because no BIOS support? [dsb]

 I have experienced problems getting ATA100 drives to do DMA with ATA33/66
mobos before. Its normally a matter of your HDD and chipset being unable to
decide a speed to work at ( IDE is such a crappy standard..) The solution was
to grab a utility from the manufacturers website and set the drive to use the
same speed your chipset supports.

--
Simon Hepburn.