Re: smtp authorization w/ exim

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 12:15:52PM -0700, Cam wrote:
> Hey,
>
> My Yahoo! account now requires me to authorize when sending messages
> (LOGIN or PLAIN), anyway, I'm trying to setup exim so that i can send
> messages w/ it (right now i'm doing this w/ kmail), but so far no
> luck... here's what I've done:
>
> <snip>
> #i just uncommented the 'authenticate_hosts' line and changed
> #it so that it was my yahoo server
> remote_smtp:
>   driver = smtp
>   authenticate_hosts = smtp.mail.yahoo.com
> </snip>

Ok...

> and
> <snip>
> plain:
>   driver = plaintext
>   public_name = PLAIN
>   client_send = ^cmatheson3^this_is_my_password

I'd use quotes around the login&password...

> </snip>

Did you check that you have:

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "* smtp.mail.yahoo.com bydns_a"

In your routers configuration section?

Also, I quoted mu username and password in the client_send line:

client_send = "^cmatheson3^this_is_my_password"

Besides that, my setup is the same as yours and it works (when I use
exim).

J.