Re: can't boot my new kernel 2.4.10 [was: Unidentified subject!]

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 10:25:15AM +0100, Pev wrote:
> I can't boot my new kernel 2.4.10, the boot process looks
> like :
>
> LILO Loading Linux ...
> Uncompressing Linux ... Ok booting the kernel
>
> and then nothing else !

Did you compile the new kernel yourself? If so, you may
not have configured it properly for your hardware. Compare the
configuration of your new 2.4.10 kernel with the previous 2.4.x kernel you
were using.

Also, you could try installing one of the precompiled Debian kernel-image
debs and its source deb. Once you get that to boot, you could then alter
its configuration file for your hardware and compile your own.

--
Jerome