Re: GnuCash vs MoneyDance vs Kapitol

On Saturday 16 March 2002 10:15, hanasaki wrote:
> Yup a new one for $35 that is Linux only.  Thoughts?
>
> www.thekompany.com

Well, I decided to buy Kapitol about 1.5 years ago, when it was first
announced. I did this because Quicken is basically the only application that
I use at home that requires me to boot Windows98, and is hence the only
reason I ever boot windows now.

After paying (I think it was $25 for the downloadable version), I had a
tremendously difficult time actually doing the download, because the links I
had never seemed to work. On the good side, however, the email response from
the company was prompt and helpful, and I eventually got it downloaded.
Unfortunately, it would not install due to dependences (Mandrake 7.1 at the
time) that I couldn't get fixed. I was told by the company that those
dependencies would be eliminated by the time the final product was released,
slated for September 2001, so I decided to wait. I have checked their website
intermittently, and every time I look it seems that the final release has
been delayed...last I looked was back in January and I think they said there
would be a final release in February.

I guess I'll look again now and see there is a final release, and I'll give
it a try and let you know...