Re: VERY VERY VERY OT: On Censorship.

Hi,

  Beware, all that tread below enter... The OT Zone.

> Ha!  You've got that right :-)  Of course in the context it probably
> includes all forms of what Fundamentalist Christians define as paganism.
> That is, to them, anything not within their narrow minded view of their
> god is pagan or Satanist.

  FWIW, since I've been deemed a fundamentalist, I guess I should be able to
tell you if your view is correct. And no, it is not. Satanism is use to refer
to only what it sounds like worship of Satan/Lucifer/Devil/whatever other
names you wish to use. This is what they say they are doing, and so it is a
fair name.
  Paganism in modern times is generally used to refer to worship of earth and
earthen idols, and to a lessor extent Satanists. Probably the most common
thing it references is Wiccan, and I believe the Wiccans I know and work with
would not consider it a bad thing to be called pagan (I could be wrong on
this, I use proper names for religions so it doesn't matter in my case).

  I promise this will be my last post at all to this list. However, if anyone
is interested in a discussion (read: a discussion, not an argument), I'd be
happy to discuss it with you further.

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info