Re: kfm?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:10:51AM -0700, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> This is driving me nuts.
>

> I use konqueror as my web browser.  When I open a text file it tries to
> load kfm.  I can't find that stupid kfm binary.  I've greped through
> /var/lib/dpkg/available, I've poked around apt-cache, and searching for
> kfm on www.kde.org give 70 irrelevant links.
>
> I'm running gnome for everything except just konqueror.  I'd be
> perfectly happy as well to get get konqueror to open gedit instead.  In
> the file associations there are settings for "Text Editor" but no place
> to specify what editor to use.
>
> Anyone know where to change the setting for the text editor or what
> package has kfm (debian sid, kde stable)?

That's funny. Is this an upgraded box? I'm curious where that preference
came from. kfm is the file manager in KDE 1, and AFAIK does not exist in
KDE 2, although kfmexec & kfmclient still do.

I don't use KDE but I'm sure there is an easy way. Configure Konqueror >
Applications or something like that, & perhaps first you need add > mime
type.

CraigW