Mail within a network

Hi,

I have a network of about 4-5 computers. Each machine has a couple of
users. Since it is a small network, I do not want to have a dedicated
mail server. I want a mail sent by user1 on machine A to user2 on
machine B delivered whenever machine B is on, else it should be queued
on A.  To achieve this, I started with eximconfig and chose direct
lookup of machine names for mail delivery. Whatever is typed and sent on
machine A addressed to B is queued. But, they never get delivered. I
have the proper entries of machine ip's in /etc/hosts and
/etc/resolv.conf has localhost as the first line. How can I achieve my
objective? Do I need to install any additional piece of software? BTW, I
can ssh/ping/ftp/telnet between the machines. So, networking is fine. I
just am not able to get the mails delivered.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

bug, n:
	A son of a glitch.