Bind9 - woody rndc: Connect failed timed out?

Hi
    I am running debian woody and bind 9, whenever i restart of shutdown my machine it hangs for about 5 minutes after it says "Stopping domain name service: named" then it says "rndc: Connect failed timed out". I have removed bind9 and deleted the configuration files and then reinstalled it so it has the configuration files are what the package comes with but I still have the problem. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thankyou

Charlie