Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Thursday 14 March 2002 02:04, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > I think it is unreasonable. That's like saying that the library
> > > has a right to burn books that it finds filthy or innappropriate.
> > > If you
> >
> >   Perhaps, but please go into your library and tell me how many
> > racist books are in there. I would be more than willing to bet that
> > your average library does not go out of it's way to include
> > offensive books.
>
> Tom Sawyer?

This is only for informative purposes. The text is a list of books that
were banned in the USA, an approximate span of time while remained
banned, the library or university which considered it offensive and the
reasons argumented. Interesting reading.
http://www.flashback.se/archive/BOOKBANS.ASC

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix

Running the bleeding edge Debian Sid version 3.0
Linux luni 2.4.13 #1 SMP Sun Oct 28 18:30:53 ART 2001 i686 unknown