Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Lazarus Long said:
> Again,  there is no excuse for racism in Debian.  Other packages have
> elided the inappropriate material in the past, as they should.

No, they shouldn't.  Debian is not about censorship.  I personally find the
quoted joke offensive, but I'm not about to say he doesn't have a right to
include it if he so chooses to.

If you don't have a thick enough skin to deal with the fact that the world
is a big place, and not everyone thinks alike, then perhaps you should roll
your own distribution.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

Similar to what another poster said, the day Debian starts censoring is the
day I stop advocating Debian as a distro.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."  Voltaire.

--kurt