Re: slrn + leafnode = heavy load

Hi, answering my own post I made a setting in .slrnrc

% If 0, save all groups when writing newsrc file
% if 1, do not save any unsubscribed groups
% if 2, do not save any unread-unsubscribed groups
set write_newsrc_flags 1

which has dramatically improved matters. My .jnewsrc now only shows
the groups to which I am subscribed and is a few hundred bytes in
size. Action is instantaneous on all fronts.

Now, however, capital L will not bring up any new groups!  You can't
win them all. Now I wanted to check that .readers group and see what
those guys would say..........

Ian