Re: X Screen Capture?

High,

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, John Shepherd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently got X running and I'm having a strange
> situation with the screen being "split"  in any
> resolution higher than 800*600.  I can't think of
> a way to more definitively describe it in words,
> so I would like to capture the whole screen to a
> graphics file (.jpg, .gif, whatever) and post it
> on a webpage for anyone who might be interested
> in taking a look at it and perhaps helping me
> figure it out.

Hmm, strange.

> How best to make such a screenshot?

You can use xv for this. Just start xv, press the grab button in the menu
and grab a piece of your screen.

However, I am not sure if this grab display's what you 'see'. The screen's
bitmap is probably send to the video card correctly, and that is what is
grabbed.

What video card are you using? Are you sure your monitor can cope with
resolutions higher than 800x600?

Greetz,
Sebastiaan