Re: Truly stupid menu seting

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 07:45:12PM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 05:34:04PM -0600, Dale Hair wrote:
> > You can configure gdm to allow root login.
> > As user open xterm
> > su
> > root password
> > gdmconfig
> >
> > Under options choose Expert and allow root to login with gdm.
> >
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> However that does not explain the stupidity of puting somehting in a menu
> that wont ever work.

I can't understand why someone would obsess over one little item, when the
kde/gnome/distribution/ximian/his/hers/its/theirs clusterf**k menu
provided on any Linux box I've ever seen is a paragon of uselessness.

Here's just one of the things that peeves me, using a typical kde-menu
example, but gnome does the same thing: if I want to start kwrite I
don't want to be staring at a menu item that says "Advanced Editor" &
have to find out for myself that they mean kwrite & not emacs. Please,
can't menu items just say what they are?

-my2c
Craig