Re: Truly stupid menu seting

>ON the default woody install, one of the Gnome menu picks is :IDE setup
>tool". Trying to run this as a suer results in the message that you need
>to be root to run it. Cool.
>
>Trying to login as root using gdm is not allowed.
>
>Can anyone explain what the **k somebody was thinking when tehy set
>this up!

I think other "more user friendly" distros allow root logins and therefore
comes in handy for them.

I only remember that this as possible with RH6 (which I tried at least two
years ago) so I may be remembering wrong

also, xhost + is probably not the safest thing to do if untrusted machines
have network access to your machine

Shri