Re: custom kernel init probs

On Monday 11 March 2002 00:15, Florian Struck wrote:
> Hi Thanx i just checked i have hotplug installed now  iadded hotplug-utils
> (which i dint have) im gonna try it out note that i have a fully funktional
> kernal-image 2.4.18 for k7 prcompiled from the mirror wich didnt complain
> about those thats what surprises me.
> Anyhow ill try and we will see .

-snip-

Ok it didnt make a difference still the same thing i dont think its about
hotplug (cause it just skips it if it doesnt work) it happens when starting
klogd

starting klogd
Mar 10 19:09:40 desktop init: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
Mar 10 19:09:40 desktop init: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
Mar 10 19:09:40 desktop init: no more processes left in this runlevel

notice the "no more processes in this runlevel" thats what i dont understand
the kernel seems not to find several progs that i definately have installed...
at some point it also complains about whatever bad interpreter ... perl ...
not found wich is nonsense i have installed all necesary stuff.
If anyone have sugestions tell me. Im gonna try more and surely, once its
done, im gonna be damn proud of my first custom kernel LOL
Flo