Re: Printing: CUPS, foomatic, hpoj and HP OfficeJet G85

* Bill Wohler (wohler@newt.com) spake thusly:
>   I also see cdj970 in the output of "gs -h." So, the driver is
>   available, but there isn't any ppd file for it, which CUPS seems to
>   need.
>
>   Question 2: How can I configure CUPS to use this driver?

Drop the ppd into /etc/cups/ppd/your_printer_name.ppd

>   The cupsomatic-ppd package says that new installations should use the
>   foomatic packages, which I have done, but it appears that CUPS isn't
>   using it. Or do I first have to run some foomatic program manually to
>   generate a ppd file for the cdj970 for CUPS to use?

Point your browser at linuxprinting.org and get it to generate
a ppd for you. YMMV with those -- manufacturer's ppds work much
better for me, so try to find that first. Google is your friend.

Dima
--
Riding roughshod over some little used trifle like the English language is not a
big deal to an important technology innovator like Microsoft. They did just that