Re: only root can start a x-session

    "arno" == arno baier linux <arno.baier.linux@aon.at> writes:

    arno> Hi i've installed a new woody box with xfree86 4.1.0. if a
    arno> normal user will start up the x-server the following message
    arno> apears: "user not authorized to run the x-server"

    arno> where can i change the permission for the users?

I believe this is set in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config. I suspect your
allowed_users is set to root (or console, and you are not on a
console). I would set this with 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common'

Cheers!
Shyamal