Re: apt-get build-deps <package> or -b switch

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

>> dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
>>
>> Should that happen after running apt-get build-dep package?
>>

> they should not but it is possible for a few reasons:
>
> *) the apt database is out of date.  Have you run apt-get update recently?
>
> *) they build depend on something not in woody (bad, broken, but possible)

I had run an update several times yes.  Within a few minutes of the
failure in fact.  And the whole system was installed over the network
from testing that same day. Shouldn't have been too out of date.

No use pounding this any further, for the moment.  I have a skeleton
install to tinker with and don't really need source built stuff right
now.  I'll get back to tracing it down in a week or two.