Re: Still looking to replace Eudora

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 10:30, Brian Stults wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 10:19, O Polite wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 12:48, Brian Stults wrote:
> > > Search the web for the unofficial debian package for gnome-spell.
> > > Install it and spell-checking in evolution will work.
> > >

> > http://www.luyer.net/EvoBuilds/spell-checking/gnome-spell_0.3-0_i386.deb
> >
> > Thes unofisial package installles nisely. And is allso a reel eggo
> > boster, kause it didnt finnd a cingle speling eror in this dockument!
> >
> > Am I missing something? Some hidden setting somewhere?
> >

> I think it runs by default once you install the package.  At least
> that's how it works for me.  When I cut and paste your message into a
> new message, it detects all the misspellings.
>
> Did you install all the dependencies (e.g. aspell, pspell) and a
> dictionary?

Hi,

These are the official packages that are installed on my machine:
aspell-en   0.33.7.1-8   English dictionary for aspell
dict        1.5.5-7      Dictionary Client
wenglish    2.0-2        English dictionary
aspell      0.33.7.1-8   A more intelligent replacement for the
                         ispell spell checker
aspell-en   0.33.7.1-8   English dictionary for aspell
gaspell     0.30-10      Gnome front end to the aspell spell checker
libaspell10 0.33.7.1-8   The aspell spell checker runtime libraries.
libpspell4  0.12.2-5     Portable spell checker interface library

In addition to these, are you all (O & Brian) saying that I need
the unofficial gnome-spell package?

_Why_ is gnome-spell not an official package?

Thanks,
Ron
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |