Re: Greek keyboard on Woody

Hi,

I found some stuff under www.linux.gr about setting up the Greek keyboard
under X.

IN the end, setting up the Greek keyboard on Woody (X 4.1.0) was as simple
as making these changes to the InputDevice section:

-------

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "el"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_toggle"
EndSection

------

So now I have a Greek keyboard that switches between Latin and Greek
characters when I hit both Shift keys.

But this isn't the end of the story.

There are (at least) two different widely used Greek keyboard layouts:
One based on the US keyboard layout and one based on the UK keyboard
layout.

The settings above give me the Greek keyboard based on the US layout.
But being in Cyprus, where our local currency is the Cyprus Pound, the
most useful keyboards here are the Greek keyboards based on the UK
keyboard layout (Shift-3 gives the pound sign instead of #).

Windoze supports both tyoes of keyboard.  What about X?

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Linustech Advanced Solutions,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 55 61 29              86 Ifigenias Street, 3rd Floor,  |
|   web:   www.linustech.com.cy              Strovolos, Nicosia CY 2003,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@linustech.com.cy       Republic  of Cyprus.  |