Re: Greek keyboard on Woody - SOLVED

Hi all,

I now have a Greek keyboard based on the UK keyboard layout, as needed for
Cyprus.

I got that by copying the file /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/el to a file el_CY in
the same directory, and hand-editing the differences between UK and US
keyboards into it as obtained from the file named "gb" in the same
directory.  All "include" entries in the same file referring to "el" must
also be changed to "el_CY".

I then changed the XkbLayout entry in /etc/X11/XF86Config to el_CY.

My keyboard map still needs a little debugging but I think I'm almost
there.

Thanks,

|   George Karaolides                      Linustech Advanced Solutions,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 55 61 29              86 Ifigenias Street, 3rd Floor,  |
|   web:   www.linustech.com.cy              Strovolos, Nicosia CY 2003,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@linustech.com.cy       Republic  of Cyprus.  |