Re: CD-Writing Program

High,

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Jeff J. wrote:

> Im trying to move the family from WinXP to Debian so my computer wont be
> rebooted into windows every time I come home..  If I could find a generally
> 'compatible' browser that works with everything (mostly?) and a good
> comprehensive/easy to use cd-writing program, it would be nice.. Anyone who
> has conned the family into using Linux have any insight?  All my wife does
> is burn mp3's as audio CD's to play in the car..

I use cdrecord in combination with mkisofs. Just write down the command
line once, and it is very simple.

For mp3's you can use mp3burn. Works pretty simple too.

If you are looking for an X based program, have a look at xcdroast. I do
not use it myself, but they say it is a grafical overlay for cdrecord e.a.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan