Re: Open Office in unstable?

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 02:15:09AM +0100, Coen De Roover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't tried those packages yet, but wasn't succesful in installing
> OpenOffice using the installer from www.openoffice.org:
> it opened two full size windows (one blue and one gray) and displayed a
> textless message box with two buttons (OK and Cancel, I presume since no
> text was visible). Any attempts to continue the installation from that
> point failed.

Does your video card use a S3 Savage chip? If so, have a look at
<http://www.probo.com/timr/savagemx.html> where they talk about
StarOffice problems.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all