Re: ? about C++

* Craig Dickson (crdic@yahoo.com) spake thusly:
> begin  Dimitri Maziuk  quotation:
>
> > Anyhow, my point was, name 4 problem areas in C.
> >
> > 1. No array bounds checking (Fix: use vector<> or equivalent)
>
> Of course, the behavior of vector::operator[] is undefined if the index
> is invalid, which is sort of weird, since vector::at() does the right
> thing.

LOL. I learned something today.

[ snip pointers & references ]

Oh well. I guess it's just as well that I don't do much C++
nowadays. The code I get to deal with is usually poorly written
C with a few cout's (yes, there are printf()'s too), often preceded
by "// debug", and occaisonally, a "class ... {...}" around the whole
thing. Can't help but wonder who taught these people... and the OP's
code snippet definitely looked like he has the same teachers.

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script