Re: Smart Debian Backup?

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 02:25:15PM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 04:24:29AM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > just backup /etc and /home and /usr/local...
> > ( everything else "should have been installed from cdrom" )
> >
> > and if you wanna backup pending emails etc..etc..
> > 	more stuff to look in /var/*...
>
> Especially /var/spool, /var/mail, /var/log and /var/lib (and possibly
> /var/www).

Yep.  I'd say that backing up /var is just as important as /home.

> Are there debian packages that don't follow the FHS?

Could be wrong, but ISTR that FHS compliance is a requirement for
being included in the stable distribution.

BTW, Hans, your Mail-Followup-To is broken:

"hans" needs a hostname.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss