Smart Debian Backup?

Hi Folks,

Just wondering, on Windows.. I once used a backup system (Quickbackup, I
think), which would figure out which files on your system were standard
installations off a CDROM (using a database of common software & files,
I presume), and only backup your own personal stuff.

It stricks me that this would be much easier to implement on Debian or
Redhat, given the already available database of files.

So, does anyone know of a solution like this?

--
Lee Braiden,
Artelos.com

mailto: lee@artelos.com