Re: OT: Aliens in the heavans (was Re: seti@home)

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 22:39, John Hasler wrote:
> Ron Johnson writes:
> > Seems to me that all that warring and anarchy on a completely barbaric
> > planey would exauhst all the time/imagination/resources.  Would they want
> > to spend resources on inter-stellar research, when they could be spending
> > it trying to destroy the enemy?
>
> You have neatly explained the miniscule size of the interstellar research
> budget.

Come on, John.  You can't blame it _all_ on the defence budget.  Don't
forget all those social programs, and WV needs a new Interstate hwy
every 2 years...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |