Re: new twist on shutting down and restricting ssh users

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 08:47:54PM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:46:41PM +0000, Simon Hepburn wrote:
> | On Wednesday 06 Mar 2002 9:11 pm, dman wrote:
> |
> | > I want to allow my dad to shut down the router/gateway.
> |
> | Install ext3fs. Show him the power switch  ;-)
>
> :-).  I was thinking that a journaled fs would be a really good idea,
> but I don't want to change it just hours before I leave in case there
> is some issue with it.  ("some issue" mainly being PEBKAC
> misconfiguration somewhere, but if I'm not around to fix it ...)

ext3 is probably a good idea if you aren't going to be around in case
there is a power outage or someone trips over the power cord.  I use
etx3 on all my boxes running 2.4.17 and haven't (yet) experienced any
problems (now I wait for all the replies saying "ext3 is B0rken on
2.4.17!!1!" :)

Good luck,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.