RE: chkconfig is to redhat as ___ is to debian?

I want to:

NAME
       chkconfig  -  updates and queries runlevel information for
       system services

DESCRIPTION
       chkconfig provides a simple command-line  tool  for  main-
       taining  the /etc/rc[0-6].d directory hierarchy by reliev-
       ing system administrators of the task of directly  manipu-
       lating the numerous symbolic links in those directories.

Michael D. Marziani
Systems Administrator
Keller Williams Realty International