Ick.. More fresh Crow

More fresh Crow to be eaten it seems:

I've reported in several theads that I thought the section of install
where you pick modules and drivers was inaccurate in its listing for
my nic `3com 905'.  I argued that it had the wrong driver listed
adjacent to it.

I was half scared to run base-conf all the way to that section for
fear of scrubbing something so hadn't checked for sure.  I imagine
there is a text representation of that stuff some where too.

Dman posted that one can look at it with modconf any time so finally I
did that and took a close look.  It is mildly confusing to browse thru
but not really that bad.  And the driver is listed exactly as it
should be.  I got confused over those dumb 3com names that are so
similar.

The user isn't really told this but drivers are on the left and cards
on the right.  But it is fairly easy to see what is what.

The listing looks like this:

3c95x                   +3c59x/3x90x/3c575_cardbus series boomarang/C

There's my card right in the middle.

There may still be an argument to be made that the install routine
should have just found my nic, but my claims of inaccuracy are unfounded.

So, I'll have at Todays serving of crow.